A NETWORK ACROSS THE DESERT UNITING THE UAE
Joint Venture partners:
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd.
- SK Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd
Package A of Stage Two includes the construction of a part of the UAE rail network line to connect the city of Ruwais with Ghuwaifat, on the border with Saudi Arabia.
The work is the continuation of the Shah-Habshan-Ruwais line (stage 1), built by Salcef in 2012-15.
The Salcef Group was commissioned to build 277,654 meters of track along the main line and 3,091 meters of secondary track, for a total of 280 km.
Salcef will also install 27 turnouts and produce Long Welded Rails, through the construction of a welding plant designed by SRT.
- Construction of 280 km of ballasted track
- Installation of 27 turnouts, in addition to expansion joints, catch points and buffers
- Production of Long Welded Rails
- Rail grinding
- Construction of a temporary logistics yard, equipped with a plant for the production of long welded rails and a mechanical workshop