RENEWAL WORKS FOR AN EFFICIENT ITALIAN RAILWAY NETWORK
Last 20 years
Over the last twenty years, Salcef executed a series of framework agreements with the Italian State Railways to carry out maintenance work on the national rail network.
Work involved the renewal of more than 2,500 km of track on fully mechanised worksites.
Scope of Work
- Track renewal and simultaneous ballast removal
- Total replacement of sleepers and simultaneous ballast screening
- Renewal and replacement of turnouts
- Supply of concrete sleepers and fastening systems
- Supply of ballast and construction aggregate
- Use of Long Welded Rails (LWR)